Thursday, May 10, 2001

 
5/5
Today I went shopping in Hong Kong. this is, as the techs say, a non-trivial exercise. eventually the sheer volume of STUFF in the Hong Kong Industrial Centre overwhelmed me – but for a minute there I considered buying a maternity dress. My God, they’re like tents! and this is in a place where the all the clothes are tiny – I’m an Australian size 10 (European 2, US 4) and sometimes the clothes here are too small even for me.
But these things were huge. I’m ambivalent about buying pregnancy things anyway – it seems to be assuming far too much.

but I did buy a cute pink bag when I got to a more manageable shopping lane on the island. and now I wish I’d bought a blue one as well, for balance and fairness. I guess it was in the back of my mind that it would be good to chuck a few things in to go to the hospital, or to keep general baby stuff in.
Apart from the wonder and sanctity of creating a person and all that guff, this will be a project. and I love projects – I can write lots of lists and tick them all off!

9/5
last night my friend came over with her two kids. and the four-year-old boy said to me: “you should have a baby.” apparently they’ve been hassling her to have another one. kids think babies are like puppies or something – you just get them!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]