Monday, May 28, 2001

 
oh dear. now, if you've come to this site looking for wonderment on the sacredness of it all, get thee to babycenter or similar.
'cos I'm the kind of girl who reads sentences like this: "throughout the nine months she listens attentively to what her body is telling her" and this: "they share the wonder of observing their baby's increasingly strong movements which send ripples across her growing belly", not to mention "she feels - radiant and very special".
cack. all the above is from a book I actually paid for today, called The natural way to a better pregnancy. oh, I'll read it. I'll winnow out all the useful information on vitamins and environmental poisons, because at heart I really do want to take as much care as possible. but why does the whole thing have to be so damn sugar coated? sugar is bad for growing babies. surely there's enough natural magic in it without having to say "oh, look, magic"?
and as for the stuff about breastfeeding being easy and ultrasounds being stressful for babies and technology not being necessary, I AM 35 YEARS OLD AND I WANT MEDICAL INTERVENTION IF I NEED IT!!!

never was one to sit back quietly and do what either doctors or gurus told me anyway ... the middle road for me.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]