Monday, September 17, 2001

 
no baby this time. Tuesday lunchtime I felt as spaced out as I've ever felt, remote from the world - so eventually I went home.
by the time I got home, my period had started and my head had cleared. the headache I'd had for three days was gone.

I'm always telling myself that I'll just continue on as normal when I get pregant, but when a little dose of hormones can do that to me, the fact is, I won't. I'll do whatever the hell my body tells me.

A nice article from Ann Enright in the weekend magazine on becoming pregnant. it starts "One Friday in October, I started falling in love with everyone..."
I can't go into it all; it ranges from emotional to hilarious to informative (eg, the reason the first three monts are so tiring is your blood volume goes up 30 % - and your bone marrow is in overdrive. you're literally bone tired).

"there was a deep note humming through me, so low that no one else could hear. it was in every part of me, swelling in my face and hands, and it felt like joy."

she's an Irish writer I haven't come across before, but will get more of. looking forward to the second instalment on the actual birth next Sunday.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]