Friday, October 12, 2001

 
Wifework is making me think Susan Maushart's problem was not so much the patriarchal nature of society as her own doormat urges.
but she does have some points. and sometimes I do have to make a Big Effort not to pick up after the boy, or not do washing when I'd rather read the paper.
but I make the effort, dammit! I know in my heart that constructive laziness is better for my relationship than martyrdom. and boys just don't notice whether the dishes are done or not.

why, I'm heroically not putting away a pile of clean washing right now. there has to be something for him to do when he gets home from his business trip tomorrow...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]