Monday, November 26, 2001

 
but speaking of insensitive things: M, a girl I've known for years, was talking to me at the office party the other night. she'd brought a friend, with whom I was getting on really well, just about flirting (it's not a crime, you know), when M suddenly starts quizzing me insistently and loudly about how I'm going with the babymaking. I pretty much told her (in front of her friend) that she was embarassing me and it was inappropriate in the company of a male I hardly know. I also minded very much that she was casting me in the light of "desperate to get pregnant" which is not how it is. it's not ruling my life in any sense (apart from the odd bonk when I'm less than up for it)
and when I see her next, I am going to just say quite plainly "Never do that to me again. there is a difference between female talk and raising such issues at a light social event, for Gawd's sake". (not to mention that it's not the sort of thing one advertises in the workplace; discrimination still exists) and if it hurts her feelings I won't mind at all. Un-be-liev-able.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]