Wednesday, December 19, 2001

 
our Web is down, but I can still write my journal offline, right?
no,it's not really the same.

child "moment" #1; visiting a toy store in a nearby suburb looking for presents for assorted friends' kids and nephews; it was quite fun looking at all the clever (and overpriced) objects designed to stimulate and enthrall; until several actual small children, babies really, arrived with their parents and began bawling at top volume. suddenly the charming little shop was a claustrophobic overcrowded space that you couldn't move around without tripping over a pram, and FULL of noise. yes, I know I should expect that in a toy store...

moment #2: going to lunch at a friends' place, with her sister-in-law and baby (9 mths) a mutual friend and her baby (4 mths) and the 2 1/2 year-old daughter of friend #1. after lunch the kiddie books and cute tapes came out and they all focussed in our getting their kids to sleep/read/and so on. and I sat there kind of thinking "so what exactly is my role in all this?"

moment #3: going to my brothers' place for dinner last night. my sister-in-law arriving home with the 3 year old and the 15-month-old. the 15-month old waddling after me and his toy penguin, giggling, waving his fat little arms, beaming under his pile of golden-red curls.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]