Tuesday, January 22, 2002

 
gawd, they're coming out of the woodwork. now my friend who is living in a remote mining village for three years while her accountant husband earns the kind of bucks you do for that kind of work, is also pregnant, as of Christmas Eve. she has told only me so far as it's very early and she trusts me to shut up. another good reason this blog is anonymous.
I rang her - the first time I've actually called, as email seems to work well for us - and told her I really hadn't expected her to get pregnant first. neither had she.
I also emailed her back telling her I was a bit jealous. I can say things like that to her. now I'm going to go and get her some pregnancy books - support is pretty thin on the ground up there, although all the other "wives" are baby machines (nothing else to do, it seems).
she'll come back here to have the baby, of course. you just wouldn't do it up there; no hospital at all, for a start. so at least I'll get her back for a while.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]