Thursday, April 04, 2002

 
finally got to talk to dr about test results.
they're normal, or normal enough - 21.something.
so she thinks I'm ovulating.
like I didn't know that.
anyway, my options are: HSG, which involves blowing dye through my cervix into my fallopian tubes.
upside: no general anaesthetic.
downside: no general anaesthetic
apparently it hurts a lot. it can cause tube spasms and a wrong result, and can miss endometriosis and small adhesions of the f.tube walls.
so laporoscopy (sp?) may be necessary to find out what's going on down there.

so I have April, May and June to try naturally. I think I've been ovulating late - day 17/18 - so will adjust our sex schedule accordingly. If that doesn't work, I'll go see her in July and book in for the lapothingy in November.

then we'll skip July and August (I'll be travelling in August and don't want to be less than two months' pregnant, maybe three, so may skip June) but still have September and October before she's back from her own leave in early November to do the operation.

that's three or four more natural cycles. then I'll be 36 1/2 and not pregnant, and if that happens, I guess I do whatever operations, pills and horribleness is necessary.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]