Tuesday, July 16, 2002

 
feeling a bit tired and sore, so this will not be my most coherent post. luckily no shoulder pain or nausea - went into theatre at 2.30 and was home by 8pm. felt rotten of course, but that's the fasting, low blood pressure (they used two drip bags on me to get it back up) and the general beating-about.

endometriosis - yes - symmetrical, which is unusual. but it was far away from actual ovaries.
of more concern is that a) my uterus is enlarged to the size of being six weeks pregnant- which I'm not
and b) that they couldn't get the dye through my tubes. she even got another dr who was nearby to have a go!
which means it's unlikely sperm are getting thru, I suppose. have an appt on thursday to discuss, but my quick surf so far suggests it could be fibroids (or cancer!), which requires more surgery. there's a non-surgical ultrasound test first, done by another dr.

fibroids
would explain the very dark, clotty or stringy flow I get quite often. but my period cramps are never very bad. I'm dismissing cancer as a possibility - that would be just catastrophising, and I'm determined that all I need to do is keep getting treated by competent drs (thank God I have insurance and my husband has enough money in the bank to pay for whatever's needed, it would be hell to think "can I afford treatment if there's only a 50% chance?")


will try to post pix when I get my camera organised to snap the photos I was given

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]