Sunday, July 28, 2002

 
this girl on the Moon and Stars fertility webring had an HSG a week ago. hey, she was lucky. I guess I should say for those who are facing one that I had, according to dr, a particularly nasty one, what with my tightly closed cervix and reversed uterus and "false passage" for the catheter to get stuck in.
what does freak me out is the idea that ivf involves lots more of this; I hope it will only be when they're inserting fertilised eggs. I think, mentally, that will make it much easier to deal with.
not ready to find out what the needles to take eggs out feel like.
saw a book on pregnancy in the bookshop today. the bit on infertility was brief, so I didn't buy it. but it said the wait to get into public IVF here can be TWO YEARS! it said that just after the bit warning that success rates drop like crazy after you turn 35.
I am so lucky we can afford this stuff. I mean, we'd sell the house if we had to, I suppose. but we don't, and I'm lucky.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]