Friday, October 18, 2002

 
yrdy=test.
don't know how well this is working.

anyway, yesterday was the blood test day. we both needed tests for just about everything before the program could start.
so I suggested we go together, to a clinic I've found with a nice nurse.
it was 1.15 pm, and husband hadn't had lunch - you can see what's coming, can't you? I'd eaten. he went first. I don't like the blood thing; I don't look and try not to think about it, or to think of the poor people in much worse states than me. there was a different nurse, but still nice - she was 10 minutes off her lunch break and still took us in.
so my test was over and I was just marvelling at the redness of my blood in the vial when husband says "I'm feeling a bit lightheaded, is there anything..."
the nurse said "lie down", and I thought something along the lines of husband being a bit wet.
then he kind of pitched forwards off the bed-thing he was sitting on, and I had to get under him before his head hit the floor. yes, he's a fainter. the poor thing. he woke up again pretty fast, and just kind of lay there coming to for a while.
apparently fainting takes a while to recover from. all the blood runs to your feet and boom, you're over. I still don't know if it was the actual needle, or watching mine (I told him not to) that did it. but he's done it before, I find out now, after giving blood.
so all future blood tests are to be done horizontally. and I will for-sure find a levelheaded WOMAN to be in labour ward with me. I like the woman who helped with K last month (little baby I. is doing great; K is overwhelmed, of course, and her husband has gone back overseas for the next four weeks, that's another story). so maybe I'll ask her, I mean the other woman. don't know her at all, but she did well, she's mature (50-60) and gets off on new babies. perfect.
got me a fainter. heh.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]