Sunday, November 10, 2002

 
John, information wants to be free.

"This reminds me -- the pro-life movement likes real science. The more we learn about early human development, the clearer it becomes that life really begins at conception.
Opposing research that creates and destroys embryos isn't "opposing science;" it's opposing the destruction of embryos, and the creation of them for that purpose."


I can't see how IVF could have been created without such research. And the position that life begins at conception clearly implies that life is being destroyed in the IVF process. yada yada.

as for this below, well just call me bad. I never agreed not to publish nuthin'. this isn't a debate. it's my personal Web page where I say what I think about my life, and stuff on the Web. your opinion on how I go about what is essentially a self-defining activity is irrelevant. linking and commenting is what we do here. if you don't like it, you can a) take your stuff off the Web or b) link back to me in your space, with your views.
no further (private) correspondence, etc.

;-)

Hello,

I'm sorry I apparently gave you the impression that I think you're
"evil".

If you've read what I wrote, you would see that the axe that I'm
really grinding is against embryonic research. I was taking on the
strawman argument that anyone who opposes embryonic research is "against
science."

I referred to IVF as "troublesome." I did not write anything
remotely resembling, "Any person doing IVF is evil."

While I do have my reservations about how IVF is practiced, I hope
your cycle is successful.

In the meantime, you might want to learn the difference between
questioning a practice and calling anyone who practices it "evil." And if
you have a serious answer to what I've written, I'd appreciate seeing that
rather than this silly "National Idiot Week" nonsense. When someone has to
resort to sarcasm and name-calling at the very start of a debate, I tend to
think she doesn't have much of substance to say.

Peace,

John McGuinness





Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]