Thursday, November 07, 2002

 
"Paraesthesia, alopecia, chloasma, asthenia, breast engorgement, arthralgia, insomnia, oedema, seborrhoea, hirsutism, depression and mass gain have been reported."
it's almost like a little chant or song, isn't it?
paraesthesia/alopecia,
cloasma, asthenia.
(pause)
breast engorgement, arthralgia
insomnia, oedema.
(then quickly, all at once)
seborrhoea, hirsutism, depression and mass gain!
Have. Been. (long pause then very slowly) re-por-TED!

so I took the first spray this morning. think I stuffed up spray one, but spray two worked fine. I hate nasal sprays. am aiming for between 7-7.30 each morning and night, to allow for my varying going to work/coming home schedule.

the dummy run was fine, really. not good as such, but nothing like as bad as the last catheter job. apparently it's a smaller catheter. wish she'd said that last week.

and we sat down for the 2 versus one talk. if I make good embroys, we'll put them in one at a time. I think the drs don't like making twins. there are major risks of early birth, not to mention all that boring two babies at once stuff afterwards. she was talking delivery as early as 28 weeks, which is horrifying.

each embryo has an independent 17 per cent chance on average. and I guess if mine are good, and I'm "young" and healthy for these programs, the chances are good. if the embryos don't look good, we'll put two in.

blastocysts are all very well, but they are more likely to split into 2. which brings us back to twins, and identical ones at that.

anyway, I had better actually do some work at this point. as soon as any exciting nasty symptons occur, I'll be updating this exciting journey into the hormonal wilds.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]