Friday, December 06, 2002

 
10/10!!!!

this is exceptionally unusual.
there were two Grade Ones, six Grade Twos and two Grade threes. two - a 2 and a 3 - had only 3 cells. that's just because they weren't dividing as fast as the rest.

when I saw the dr today I said "no, I'm not going anywhere near you again" and she said "you will when I tell you the results". she's very pleased with us indeed. so my husband's sperm are clever little sperm, and my eggs VERY fertile.
especially given my age, I'm so pleased. before OPU, we would have been happy with five. now we have nine in the freezer!!!
(normally I hate the multiple exclamation mark method of showing excitement, but this is totally a red-letter day.) It means we have lots of goes before we have to do IVF again, and I'm secretly hoping we'll have several still in the freezer when I fall, so it improves our chances of a second.

the actual transfer was probably one of the strangest experiences of my life. I got into the chair and the technician, Howard, who was in a room across the hallway, focussed the camera on the embryo. we could clearly see the four cells, like a four-leafed clover. it looked watery, with grey edges, like looking down on four glasses placed close together. then he sucked it up in a pipette and brought it in.
the insertion apparatus is a bit like a Pap smear; a metal thing to hold the cervix open, and a small catheter. I didn't really look at that lot.
transfer was at 2:20 pm. I have no idea how I'm supposed to cope with the idea that there is an actual embryo floating freely in my uterus, looking to attach itself.
nothing I can do but try to eat right, get lots of sleep and utterly refuse to become stressed about anything. I've got some HCG pessaries to use for the next 14 nights, and a blood test form for December 20. we'll do that at the clinic, (note to self: 8am blood test appt) so we can be sure of getting the results (by phone) at 2pm.
the nurse who fitted us out with all that was Janice or Janet, I think.
WOO-HOO!! I feel so odd. I suppose it's OK to walk? today was my third coffee-free day, though I had two cups of tea this am and am now (post-nap) having green tea and a few bits of chocolate. a glass of red wine last night. no more of that, either.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]