Wednesday, December 18, 2002

 
dream last night: I was in hospital for a procedure. afterwards was with a nurse and realised I was going to faint. it was sort of a series of small falls into darkness (I've never really fainted) then I was bleeding, and they took me to a room where there were several women and girls on beds, clearly in worse shape than me.
in a bag leaning against my chair I found a baby. I was horrified they'd left it there. but they said "you can put it under the shower if you like, we can't be bothered". its skull was like a clear glass globe; there was something wrong with it and it wouldn't survive. but I washed it anyway.
then a nurse with dark hair did my blood test - she just jabbed a needle into my arm over and over, like I was a pincushion. an older male dr showed me the result on a test stripe like the LH surge strips; he made me lean close to see the two faint blue lines beside the main line. I was pregnant.
then they put me in a goods lift where a hospital cleaner started to tell me it was for staff only - she could see I was weak and unwell and was picking on me - and I angrily said: "the DOCTOR told me to go in here."
that shut her up.
then I was left near a train station somewhere; ballarat or clifton hill, I think. and the dream moved on.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]