Thursday, December 19, 2002

 
a friend brought me back three small figures of prosperity from Asia. they are all old men, about 12cm high. one holds a bowl of rice, another what looks like a fruit, and the third has a small child in his arms.
they are arranged against the wall beside my desk in a semicircle. in my end-of-year-tidy, I've also found a small clear plastic angel with gold wings that my grandmother gave me. I've hung that so it dangles in the centre of the circle.
when I come back to work in three weeks it will either make me smile with a secret knowledge, or make me cry.
5:10pm. test at 8am. results about 2 or 3. no bleeding yet.
would YOU be able to think straight? wouldn't YOU resort to any tiny comforting magic you could muster?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]