Wednesday, December 04, 2002

 
I am sure when I look back at this phase in my life I will remember nothing except walks in the park with the dog (and sometimes the husband) and getting needles.
It's only four hours after they wheeled me out and we've already been home for 90 minutes. husband is still crashed out (poor dear had to um, do his bit, then hold my hand. such hard work, no wonder he's exhausted!
/sarcasm/
anyway, yes it hurt a lot. probably more than anything I've had done to me before, but then I've never had a broken bone or traumatic injury. the anaesthetist had explained how close a large artery was, so I tried to lie still, but I moved a bit and did moan and yelp quite a lot. so much for not being able to remember it, floating off in a cloud of sedatives, etc.

***THERE ARE 10 EGGS!***

we only hoped for 8 or so. now I'm trying to control my fantasies about getting 9 top-grade embryos out of that lot. I can't call them again until tomorrow afternoon, when I'll get a time for one to be transferred. we'll freeze the rest; trying to avoid twins at this stage. I hope that tomorrow they can tell me how many embryos we got. so glad I have a medical certificate so I won't have to work tomorrow, and the transfer is Friday so I have all weekend to rest up and think sticky thoughts.
the anaesthetist was really nice; funny, as the others I've had in the past tend to be dour. Kevin Moriarity, and chief nurse Gina. more names for my baby thank-you cards.
he said "has anyone ever used the pickup line 'you have nice veins' on you?" and I informed him it wouldn't work as my husband was just over there. nurse talked about Cradle Mt, and dr just looked like a little Raggedy Ann with her hair popping out of her floppy surgical hat. husband held my hand, but I don't think he realised just how much it hurt. we spent 1 1/2 hrs in "recovery" which was really just me eating as much as I could manage after 13 hours without food or drink. much better than a general anaesthetic.
now I feel all cramped up and very protective of my abdomen. waiting until Friday will drive me CRAZY.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]