Thursday, December 05, 2002

 
thursday morning; howling wind and rain outside and I'm doing some work at home and trying not to move too fast. the crampy/pain got worse and I was doubled over when I walked. I still can't cough and my hot pack is my friend. that, and the odd Panadol. but I slept pretty well last night all the same.

poor little embys; this weather makes me want to look after them. I guess they're warm where they are, though. it's five hours until I can call the clinic and find out when I'm going for transfer and hopefully how many we got.

last night I was told that a cousin I saw a lot of when we were kids is also doing IVF. I suspect it's because of her partner - he has children - but I'm going to call her as soon as my folks pass on her number. she's the only non-Internet person I know who is doing this. she lives in the country, and I think she's probably with the other large IVF provider we have here. the treatment is different for everyone, but it will be good to commiserate with someone who understands; I think friends only want to know so much, and don't realise how overwhelming it can be. plus almost all my friends already have kids, and aren't always reticent about letting me know they know so much more about mothering. not that they don't offer sympathy ...

am now getting ready for the "2ww" - work is slowing down and I plan to distract myself with Christmas shopping etc. we have decided not to expect it to work the first time. I just hope we get enough frozen embys to do a few transfers before I have to go through this again. on the third go or so would be nice - not so long it gets dispiriting, but a reasonable and realistic time to prepare ourselves for.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]