Saturday, January 11, 2003

 
and today another one, the one that was really close to me, did everything the same day, but is 25!!! and only got a few embys, is having twins.
I'm afraid my reaction offline was not very gracious. of course I congratulated her and I really am pleased, but I was also upset and ranted about how unfair it was, how I'd never have babies, etc, etc. husband didn't help by saying "well, she's got young eggs". grrr.

my cousin rang and left a message today. I was planning to go and see her in the next couple of weeks and will call her back tomorrow. I know exactly why she's calling; from our conversation in December I'm guessing that they completed their ICSI in early January, which would put her smack bang in the middle of the crazy two week wait. and although we're by no means bosom buddies - we last spoke about 2-3 years before that, despite being very similar in age and spending a bit of time together as kids - if I was her I'd be dying to speak to someone, anyone, who'd been through it and could interpret symptoms. of course I was in the 2ww when we spoke, (I think??) or close to, so she doesn't know yet about our failure.

husband and I had a conversation after my bulletin board upset - he's so optimistic and keeps talking about those nine frozen embryos. but I'm not willing to treat them as just a series of "chances". I want to do everything we can to get it right, not just keep tossing dice.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]