Tuesday, January 14, 2003

 
anyway, the review; bit of an anticlimax really. that's after I strangled her while screaming WHY AREN'T I PREGNANT YET!!!
;-)
no, not really. not yeeeet.

potted version; she says I am now considered to have a better chance than before I started treatment (!)
embys don't always thaw out completely; we could end up with a 2-cell that used to be a four-cell.
if one looks poorly, they'll thaw another. then if both survive, we'll just put both in. this minimises chances of missing a cycle.
stress can be a factor; she said one should "stay cool", I don't know if that means heatwise or stresswise. so I'm so going to be slacking off in the 2ww!!

she says my temps don't prove anything and there is no scientific reason why progesterone should help on a natural cycle, but she'll give me 14 days' worth anyway - that's just what they do there if women expect it. so I took the scrip and left it at that.

and a reading of 92 at that stage would be "just" implanted.

they get about 30 % clinical pregnancy rate for grade ones, dropping slightly on each grade. the grade threes have improved their game a lot since the clinic got a new incubator. BUT there is a miscarriage rate of 20% for all clinical pregnancies (not just IVF ones).

(clinical being of course at six weeks when you get a heartbeat.) so it's a series of hurdles, as I well know. and 36 1/2 doesn't sound so young, does it?

have been as good as possible all day; I put on more weight than I lost on the cycle, and I don't like being podgy. it occurred to me that the drugs prolly had nothing to do with it; it was about six-eight weeks into my 100k-a-week bike riding phase. and now it's after Christmas and I'm lucky to do 50. so I'm back on the high-protein, resist-sugar train. NO chocolate today! and only this one biscuit I'm eating now with my 'erbal tea. yum.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]