Tuesday, January 14, 2003

 
anyway, the review; bit of an anticlimax really. that's after I strangled her while screaming WHY AREN'T I PREGNANT YET!!!
;-)
no, not really. not yeeeet.

potted version; she says I am now considered to have a better chance than before I started treatment (!)
embys don't always thaw out completely; we could end up with a 2-cell that used to be a four-cell.
if one looks poorly, they'll thaw another. then if both survive, we'll just put both in. this minimises chances of missing a cycle.
she says my temps don't prove anything and there is no scientific reason why progesterone should help on a natural cycle, but she'll give me 14 days' worth anyway - that's just what they do there if women expect it. so I took the scrip and left it at that.

and a reading of 92 at that stage would be "just" implanted.

they get about 30 % clinical pregnancy rate for grade ones, dropping slightly on each grade. the grade threes have improved their game a lot since the clinic got a new incubator. BUT there is a miscarriage rate of 20% for all clinical pregnancies (not just IVF ones).

(clinical being of course at six weeks when you get a heartbeat.) so it's a series of hurdles, as I well know. and 36 1/2 doesn't sound so young, does it?

have been as good as possible all day; I put on more weight than I lost on the cycle, and I don't like being podgy. it occurred to me that the drugs prolly had nothing to do with it; it was about six-eight weeks into my 100k-a-week bike riding phase. and now it's after Christmas and I'm lucky to do 50. so I'm back on the high-protein, resist-sugar train. NO chocolate today! and only this one biscuit I'm eating now with my 'erbal tea. yum.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]