Wednesday, January 01, 2003

 
oh, but the really exciting thing yesterday morning: I walked down the corridor as usual, but up ahead was a squat, 5-foot high stainless steel container. The embryo freezing container! I just stood and gawped at it. I assume it was empty at the time as it wasn't hooked up to power or anything.
next to it was a centrifuge with about 10 test tubes and a written instruction on top: "press 'spin' after seeding"
I don't know if it's the thing they use for normal fertilisation, or for some other process. all the same, it was rather jaw-dropping to actually see the tools they use. just before we joined the program there was a tour of the lab; I hope there's another soon, as I'd love to see it all and understand better what's happening.

temp report: quite low, considering late night.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]