Friday, February 28, 2003

 
well, that was fun.
I've just spent nearly $300 on baby books and magazines. no, really.
won't list them all here. there are two generic pregnancy books - Miriam Stoppard's is looking good - one on active pregnancy from a writer who also writes on active birth in the Kitzinger school, Kaz Cook's Up the Duff, which looks like it may not tell me much but maybe amuse me a little - and I always promised myself I'd get it when I got pregnant. as well, there's a nutrition book and a book on becoming a dad so husband feels involved. then three magazines which I will read from time to time. they are no doubt information-free, but will give me something to look at. also a book of short stories/rl tales on pregnancy and birth.

the girl in the bookshop where I bought 4 of the books asked if they were all for me. and I said yes and she said congratulations. isn' that cute?

so I'm picking through the early stages and birth bits. I don't have to read them all at once. already taking notes on what to ask at the hospital and what I need to include in a birth plan - ha! plan!.

most torn about the dr question. the man who delivered my friend's baby has an excellent reputation. the woman who treated me before is nice, but I have no idea if she's good at caesars and epistiotomies (sp?). and because I'm in a position to choose, I feel pressed to do so. in 2 weeks when I've met the woman again it will be too late to get the man - he is that popular, all the midwives use him.




Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]