Sunday, March 09, 2003

 
discussing the cost of various things at dinner last night, he said (of prams) "surely you can get those secondhand" and I rather too vehemently said "we are getting our baby a NEW pram".
secondhand clothes is fine, especially as I know most of the babies they will have come from, and you can't stop people giving you hardly-used clothes. but the pram and the cot will be the result of a shopping trip to one of those mega babystores that I have yet to set foot inside. and they will probably be very expensive, and I don't care. this is a man who is spending probably an extra 5,000 of our money on the best and most modern networked wiring for our house renovation. and he earns 2 1/2 times what I do. he didn't take much convincing that I was right. it may not be necessary, but it's what I really want. that shopping trip is a long way off, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]