Thursday, March 06, 2003

 
I know why pregnant women throw up.
it's the kelp. nothing to do with blood sugar or keeping off bad food. it's definitely the kelp.

yesterday I got the ingredients for stretch mark oil, and something to supplement my iodine levels - it's needed for something, can't remember what. the only thing I was offered was kelp granules or powder, to be dissolved in fruit juice.

so this morning I made a lovely fresh grapefruit juice and stirred a tsp of kelp powder in. it didn't smell good, but I forged ahead. one gulp and my stomach was ready to throw up. I can still taste it; horrible, off-seaweed smell, like drinking a mouthful of stagnant seawater. blergh. the baby will have to do without iodine.
kelp comes in tablets too, the box says. might revisit the shop and tell them off. foul foul foul.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]