Friday, March 07, 2003

 
one last post before husband gets home and I turn the PC off for the night (I do go out, you know; just got back from a romp in the park with the dog);
when I called my sil to arrange a visit this afternoon, the conversation stopped as she was clearly torn away by the sight of the baby (5 mths) in her arms.
before I knew it I was listening to cooing noises and a monologue directed at the baby and its snot (really!). it didn't bother me as much as it might have; I know I'll be like that, the woman is clearly deeply in love. she knows we're doing ivf, doesn't know yet of course that it's worked. I'm sure it would all have been a bit much for me if I weren't pregnant, though.
don't know why I'm blogging this; mostly to record for myself the otherworldly sound of her voice and the affection with which she spoke to the baby. I felt like I was out of place.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]