Saturday, April 12, 2003

 
great. just brilliant.
I got home at 9.45 pm last night after a big day of driving around the countryside tcb and seeing relatives, and there's a message on the machine, and I quote exactly: "Message for (bb). L.S. Call my practice on Monday morning and J. will give you the message."

L.S. is my male ob/gyn. he will have got the results of my blood tests by yesterday. this can not be good. they tested for: antibodies, syphilis, bart's triple (for Down's) and progesterone levels. there was also a urine test, I think for protein which involves the risk of pre-eclampsia. I woke husband to tell him and said I was frightened - I was - he said I should call L.S. then, but I didn't want to be such a hysterical woman. instead I slept even worse than usual, half-tallying the risks, my dates and what it could be in my head all night. it's now 8.20. I'm going to ring his practice at 8.30, 9 and 9.30, then if I can't get through I'm going to page him. if he doesn't respond (and it is school holidays and he takes every third weekend off work), I'm ringing the ultrasound place, which was also supposed to get a copy of the results. I cannot go through the weekend worrying about this. my temp was only 36.7 (98) this morning, which is as low as I'd like it to go. any lower and it's pre-ovulatory. but I still felt a little queasy this am, my abdomen still hurts if I twist it too fast. this is just intolerable. aargh!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]