Monday, April 07, 2003

 
reading Naomi Wolf's Misconceptions and it's scaring the hell out of me.
now have a long list of things to quiz dr/hospital about; like do they set time limits on labor, and why?
trying to get through to husband how important he will be, as I won't be able to speak for myself. wrote in my notebook: I have to make the hospital room a place where I go to give birth, not to be processed. the midwives and dr are my backup. I have to do this. it will probably mean bringing in my own mats, beanbags, music etc. but the more I read, the more I realise that preparation is EVERYTHING.

gotta run, food in oven.

today's baby sighting: two mothers with lovely chubby 6-12 mth old girls in the pool changing room, handling them expertly, changing them and chatting. I watched secretly to see how it's done, this laying on of hands on a child.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]