Tuesday, May 27, 2003

 
after being awake for an hour from 3-4 stressing about the house, I woke up with a headache and took the dog for a walk before work.
in the lake in the park across the road from our house, there's a small island.
on the reedy bank of the island, a pair of swans (black here in Australia of course) have started to build their nest.
the female swan was firmly ensconsed (sp?) in the middle of what looked like a basket woven by a madwoman, while the male worked his long swanny neck off, ripping up reeds and passing them to her, or just generally chucking them on the nest.
I watched them for a few minutes, and I could feel my back and neck relaxing with the sight of someone, at least, getting their nest built.

the thing is that the flat is fine. we're safe, warm and have everything we need (except maybe the blender to make smoothies with - it's in a box somewhere). I should just shut up and be patient. but there's something else in me that really can't do without my own nest. and preferably before I'm six months!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]