Friday, May 30, 2003

 
did I feel something tickling the inside of my skin when I woke up from my nap this afternoon? I'm not sure ...

it's good that I waited ages to tell people about this. because those who aren't that close to me naturally say "congratulations" and get on with conversations about stuff that really matters (in their opinion). and if that had happened in the early days when it was the most amazing, overwhelming thing in my life (it still is, but you know what I mean), I think I'd have been miffed. now I can at least pretend to be casual about it. I suppose I'll be a boring proud mother, too.

leaving the pool today, I looked at all the mothers and kids in the toddler pool. and they looked for all the world like the females of a monkey troupe, just hanging out with the kids. mothering - parenting, I suppose - seems to involve an awful lot of just hanging about with the offspring, teaching them to be human sort of in passing.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]