Thursday, May 01, 2003

 
just had to tell a female supervisor type here that I wouldn't take up a very kind internal job offer, and because I know her reasonably well, I told her why; that I want to diversify across the company a bit so I have a mix of things to do when I come back p/t, or work as a freelancer, rather than concentrating on one new area.
she was very pleased for me and had no problem with my reasons. turns out she - with a teenage child - is thinking of doing it again herself, at just past 40. I wasn't going to mention how I got pg, but she said "and IVF is difficult" and I just had to say that we'd just done it.
etc. I can see that when I do "come out" (literally and figuratively), I will spend many hours explaining myself, which is my least favourite thing to do. oh well. it's for the nicest of reasons.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]