Tuesday, May 13, 2003

 
p-i-l update: husband proposed the toast on Friday night to "nearly being grandparents".
they appeared pleased, but not as excited as I'd hoped. I guess they're just not that demonstrative. over the weekend, it transpired that mil is interested in some of the details of my diet and our nursery plans; fil was at pains to point out that he changed just one nappy for each of his two children. troglodyte.
mil is a full-on housewife, does everything for him. I'm trying to teach husband the difference between being a mother and a housewife. he's pretty good, considering that background. of course most of it will fall to me, but he does try; and at the worst, I'll make him pay for the cleaners and the childcare so I can go back to work.

last night, very glad to be back in my own space after 3 days of p-i-l, I drew up a six-year plan of projected work hours and baby-having. I think I can manage up to 3 days a week, especially if I do it over 4 days, maybe with one at home. and if I make husband take them to care in the mornings a bit late, so I can pick them up midafternoon, and he can work late. no, we don't desperately need the money. but I will require a life outside nappies, I think. and dependency doesn't appeal.
of course all this could change.

took my temperature this morning, and didn't like it. I've only been doing it weekly, and it was 36.5, or 97.7. It should be above 98. wish I had a stethescope so I could hear its little heartbeat. too soon for reassuring movements, of course. sure it's fine. but it's bugging me.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]