Thursday, May 08, 2003

 
secret indeed.
I asked a girl at work, whom I've known for maybe 17 years, went to uni with etc, though we're not best mates as such, to come to lunch with me.
as we walked through the park she basically said "are you pregnant?". I assumed the one person who knows at work had spilled the beans. when I realised she hadn't, I just said "why do you think I'm pregnant?". she said she just thought I was. then the penny dropped: she is too. 11 1/2 weeks. so we both have secrets. it's very exciting for us both. she's going to be moving to a place nearer to our house soon too.

so when I was talking to other people here this afternoon, I was doing it with my stomach sucked in. just in case. I'm not showing, but she could tell somehow. maybe all my eating, paleness and grumpiness was strangely familiar to her...

hell, I have to go. have been annoyed by useless PR people and my boss. it's 5.40 and getting dark outside. I need a swim. I need to clean the house. I need to PACK. may not be online until we return from seeing inlaws in Sydney.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]