Thursday, May 08, 2003

 
yay work. I get in and I'm fine for 2 hours, then I just need a nap. but there is much to do and I'm keeping off the bulletin boards until it's done. this is just a quick sanity blog.

two hospital visits yesterday: Frances Perry's liaison woman told me I could do whatever I liked in labour and that I had the right ob/gyn for that. apparently all decisions are up to him. still not getting a warm vibe from the place, though, her aside.

and introduction last night at Freemason's; much more comprehensive, including another tour. there was even a rather amusing little physio, who got us all to stand up and do deep stomach muscle and pelvic floor exercises! in public! 30 of us at once! men included! she did tell us that the pelvic floor was not attached to our eyebrows so there was no need to go ''like this''. if I hadn't been v. tired I'd have enjoyed it more.

they have a no eating in "established labor" rule. which sucks. the midwife giving the talk tried to gloss over it: "you can't order in some Macca's", but I want to munch on nuts and fruit. she claims you don't digest during labor. if she'd ever seen me with a blood sugar exhaustion low, she'd understand. we're going to have to get lots of fruit juice and jellybeans. I don't even care that I might throw it all up during transition - I NEED to eat or I collapse. sometimes I wonder if I'm hypoglycemic, but no test has ever suggested it.

at least I don't have the 24hour morning sickness one girl there, also 14 weeks, had.

wish I could write more, but no time.

and this morning I took the fluffy dog for a walk (he needs 3 a day being in the flat, and yesterday was a very late night for him), and got chatting to the owner of a friendly Rottweiler. you never know the people's names, just the dogs. she said "I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm having a baby in five months..." and I said "mine's due in November," and we played belly show and tell - I really am not showing yet, not pregnant-like - it's a pity we'll be moving back home when the house is finished in 6-8 weeks in a way, because she'd be my first fellow new mum type friend otherwise. but I do want my nest back, with the baby's room already painted!

anyway, if I keep doing the deep muscle exercises and pelvic floors, I might get this body back one day. apparently the p.f. goes from carrying 50 grams to 5 kg! or was it 500g to 5 kg? I think it was 50g.

flex, tighten, release, flex, tighten, release...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]