Saturday, June 21, 2003

 
finally took some more photos. no doubt about it, I do look pregnant. at 20w4days it's a kind of gentle arc rather than that basketball-under-the-skin thing. and I kid myself that people don't really notice - and when I'm wearing a floppy top they probably don't. but with tighter clothes, I think most people would realise I'm "pregnant" not "fat" (though there is certainly more fat in there).

thinking more about the birth. the Sheila Kitzinger book is helping a lot, as it describes exactly what happens, physically. instead of just saying "contractions" it goes into how each contraction opens up the cervix, what the pushing stage really is, etc. in a very twisted way I'm looking forward to it as an experience - going down to that animal level of survival. well, it beats being terrified, which is the other option.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]