Sunday, June 15, 2003

 
I'm still at that just-round stage; not really pregnant looking. but I've realised that the way people look at me will change. wondering how I'll feel about being put in the "nup" category by men; I'm used to, on a good day, the odd appreciative glance. which is fine by me; I hate overt harassment, but the second looks, I rather like.

lying in bed with my hand on my belly, I realised just how small you're going to be when you come out, baby. how fragile. I wonder how I'll dare leave the house with you, carry you across the funky but very hard polished concrete floor in our sunroom?

it's just been a weekend of sex. which means all of TWICE in two days! Friday night I had some fairly lurid dreams. this is not uncommon at this stage; I suspect it's the stimulation of my uterus and other organs, which can resemble nothing so much as sexual excitement. neither of us is complaining; it's been pretty much a standard once a week for a while now. and who knows how often after we're parents?

feeling pressured by So Much To Do syndrome. have not done any baby preparation yet, except have the second bedroom painted lilac-blue and yellow (it was so nice to see it done yesterday). am worried that I won't get around to doing my exercises, doing my yoga classes, all that. once we're in the house it'll be better. I escaped a lighting store this afternoon (husband is addicted to them) and crossed the road to a BabyCo store: so much stuff to get! change tables, strollers, cots, little sheets, playstations ( and I don't mean the electronic variety). they were having a sale, up to $100 off each thing, but we just aren't up to that yet and I figure when we're home, we'll lower the priority of renovations and go shopping in a big way, and demand a discount for buying it all at once. I need to research what's the best stuff, anyway: must get a copy of Choice's baby-stuff reviews...

must get off the Web and do the dishes, too!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]