Monday, June 30, 2003

 
it may be the hormones, but every day I'm managing one moment of gentle ecstasy or bliss.
one day it was at the market, moving amonst the people. this morning is was riding my bike through the park to work (the bike often does that!). last night is was sitting at the pizza parlour watching the pastrymaker beat and spin the dough, soaking in the warm atmosphere, being part of the scene; it was such a nice break from what we were actually doing, which was ripping up masonite from the floorboards at our house; had to stop when poor dh got blisters.
at the pizza parlour a younger woman offered a chair to me while I waited (she was waiting too). I was feeling friendly and comfortable, so I chatted. told her she was my first "seat offer". it turned out she had a baby a year ago - was sick right through - and NO ONE ever offered her a seat on the tram. people are so strange.
some of the pizza parlour people had a toddler they were handing around; others, though, were those young, hard-looking fashionistas who don't seem to be able to be in the moment.
I want my baby to be a warm person, one who has time for the moment, who counts blessings instead of problems.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]