Thursday, June 05, 2003

 
I've committed to a little extra freelance work, wiping out a lot of my extra leave. oh well.
and I really have to stay off the Web in work hours - have developed bulletin board addiction and between that and the naps, am not very productive. double oh well. the only times my brain really functions anyway are before midday and after about 3.30, after the nap and chocolate kick in, and my natural napping period is over. went to sil's last night for dinner - she has no idea what it's like to be pregnant. got there at 7.30, not even bread on the table until 8.45, dinner at 9, and of course we didn't get out of there until 10.15. therefore today is a washout. was hesitant about doing that on a weeknight anyway, certainly won't do it again. not her fault; she just doesn't get some of these things.

a thought about getting used to it, and treating it all as perfectly normal; I hope I never do, not entirely. I hope I don't become one of those parents who takes their kids for granted. I know I'll be annoyed, exasperated, etc, but I hope I can remember just what an amazing thing this really is.

starting to hang out for the 19 week scan on Tuesday. don't seem to have the same worries that preceded other scans. no kicks yet, but the sensation of something happening comes and goes, so I feel OK about it all today.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]