Monday, June 09, 2003

 
went a bit mad yesterday and spent $200 on two knitted woolly tops; one is basically a tent poncho, the other a button-up jumper which stops buttoning at the breastbone. they should be OK most of the way through. also spent about $130 on yet another pregnancy book ( the Kitzinger book, which has lots of good birth info) and two baby manuals.

we had dinner with friends who have a near-perfect two-year-old. she behaved very well. poor husband thinks little kids are all cute curls and smiles...the woman in this couple, H, agreed to be my second support person at the birth. hooray. she is the kind of person who will allow me to do whatever I need without any judgement or comment. I'll still need a backup for her in case she's unavailable or it goes on forever, and I need to think seriously about who that should be, but it's a very good start. I think she was actually quite pleased to be asked; we'll have a few proper discussions about plans in due course.

put on 2 lb last week. again. I've only put on 11 lb in the first 19 weeks, but at the current rate will stack on another 40 before the baby comes. will have to cut back on chocolate, chips and doughnuts. but not today.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]