Wednesday, June 11, 2003

 
yawn.
woke up with yet another headache this morning. went back to bed for 1/2 an hour and felt a little better. I think the air in here is bad.
when I did struggle in, the change room at work smelt funny. then I discovered someone had left a nappy in the bin. ew gross; I put it out in the corridor. it took me about 5 hours to realise: nappies will be my life soon! but they say it's different when it's your own... hope so!

19 week 1 day ultrasound last night went well, though seemed strangely an anticlimax. baby's head is 4.85 cm or similar across, measuring 19 w3 days. tummy circumference also 19w 3 day. thigh bone 19 w 0 days. so all pretty normal. it was hard to get a full body view; we saw the brain, kidneys, all the chambers of the heart, some cute little toes - and, I suspect, something that might blow my "not knowing the sex" policy; though dh says if I'm going to have that policy, I shouldn't be guessing. the very nice dr wrote it down for us - and the fact he was so certain only adds to my suspicions.
the photos still show the front-view alien face. no cute stubby profiles. oh well. strangely, the best part again was hearing the heartbeat at 128 bpm. it sounds so cool; like a warm techno beat. cervix 3.8 something cm, so that's good too. no more u/s's now, with luck. they only do them if there's a problem.
we didn't get a body length. its head is up (normal) and the placenta is high up at the front on my right, as I'd guessed from a pattern of redness in the shower.

and in the past couple of days the kicks/elbowings have got more distinct. they come in batches. it's quite comforting, and not yet enough to bother me or keep me awake. starting to look more pregnant.

yawn again. time for the midafternoon nap.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]