Friday, July 04, 2003

 
aha.
have found the site my friend was talking about.
the hospital's education classes are run in a downright shoddy manner.
there are three: one on birth, one on parenting, and one on feeding.
the first two take 3 1/2 hours each, on either a precious Saturday morning or an exhausting weeknight until 10pm.
the feeding one runs 2.5 hours.
at the other hospital, classes ran for six weeks, two hours a night on a choice of nights. my hospital also runs these classes at a HOTEL, not at the hospital.
and I've only just got the info (at 22 weeks), but some classes can start at 24 weeks. all pretty sucky. especially the hotel bit; what happened to familiarising yourself with the environment? this is what worried me about a big, privately-run hospital. hmmm.

however, a pregnant friend at work has put me onto this private birth educator, who runs weekly relaxation and preparation, as well as weekend workshops.
now I just have to see if I can get a booking with her classes BEFORE the stupid hospital ones.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]