Wednesday, July 23, 2003

 
first supposed relaxation class last night.
there's a stand-in midwife until two weeks from now; I think I'll be happier when the usual woman comes back. I mean, it was OK, but basically consisted of us all sitting in a circle on the floor (on cushions, but after 45 minutes I was getting a bit wriggly) while a couple gave us their terribly interesting, to them, birth story for over an hour.
I'd been looking forward to some some stretches, some real information, maybe a little breathing. as the exercise program I set myself up has gone out the window since the move and the unpleasant thrush/rash the perineal massage seemed to give me (will try again with a different lubricant soon).
next week is some hippy mandala-based rite of passage
there were about 10-12 women there, all HUGE of course. I kept visualising how we'd look if you had x-ray vision - a circle of women with a circle of babies in front of them.
the baby the birth couple brought in was cute and all at two weeks old, but I'm just not that clucky over other people's babies. I was just as interested in their nifty 3-wheeler pram.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]