Wednesday, July 30, 2003

 
a friend told me on the phone today that her dh was making a list of features from his and her families he'd like their kids to have. funny what you can say to some people and not others. I said well, he should be grateful to have any babies at all - let alone get her to produce them (she's a gorgeous, slim, wildly successful professional). i guess I could say that because I knew she'd take it the right way, and not be offended. but it felt good to be able to speak my mind about something.
on my discussion board, some women with sons are saying that people sympathise with them when they hear they're having yet another boy! the sheer hubris of wanting to choose anything when some people never even get to choose children, full stop.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]