Wednesday, July 30, 2003

 
quick blog as dh has decided to crash my week off by being sick(ish) and needs me to talk to him, needs computer access, etc.

ob visit yesterday; very pro forma, haven't put on as much weight as I thought, in three weeks I need a shot of anti-D for the blood type problem and a glucose challenge test.

it's called this because it will be a huge challenge to have NO sweet foods for 24 hours before my appt. no chocolate. no honey. no sultanas. no OJ. how will I cope?

have physio appt tomorrow for hip. If I could only hop on the other leg I'd be fine. but I don't have the balance and can you imagine what I'd look like; a beach ball on a pogo stick!

second touchy-feely birth group class thing last night. it ran overtime due to someone wanting to discuss breastfeeding; then we did a "mandala", which is a circle cut into segments representing elements of our lives affected by birth/babies, and our reaadiness for same, ie emotional, physical, life in the world, family feelings, relationships. I'm sure it will be useful when I sit down and think the elements through, but by the end, I was looking at my cut-up circle and only seeing the takeaway pizza dh had ordered and I was late to pick up...

began calling councils re: childcare today. it's all too complicated. you have to be ready to take up a place to go on a family day care waiting list. they're going to send me a list of public/private centres. and there are FOUR councils in areas close to us.

two of the women at my class last night said they hadn't been able to embrace their pregnancies until after the scans, even though they were "planned" pgs: I wondered if they were IVFers?

apart from one narky letter criticising my description of DINKs as selfish -which I only meant to apply to me and dh - have had nothing but lovebombing and praise and gratitude from friends/readers/other women doing or about to do IVF from my article. seems it's some kind of breakthrough to talk honestly about this stuff in public.

supposedly going shopping for more maternity stuff today. but so busy. how do I get all this done AND work normally? probably by not doing either right.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]