Monday, August 04, 2003

 
description of my current situation: in bed, leaning on 3 pillows. heater on. ice pack attached to rear of pelvis. laptop on thighs. on dh's side of the bed, towards the window, a folder of Things To Do, and a plate of cheese on toast. to my left, an old drinks trolley containing water and lemon juice, tissues, phone, mobile phone, etc. have made my one foray out today - to the dr, to get a medical certificate - and am now working from home. and I really am trying. have filed one small thing, have a few hours' worth of other stuff to do, have checked my Hotmail but not yet my work phone messages. with a tradesman due to come to the house tomorrow, I decided it was better to be sick today. wow this icepack is COLD. I may even get all my physio exercises done today, too, if I'm lucky. dr gave me a number for a preggo yoga/Pilates class I may join; I can't stand the thought of losing all my fitness over the next three months, as the reality of this pelvic joint thing sinks in; no walks, no bikes, and right now I can't even swim until this cold nicks off.
all of which should help with my new hobby of gaining weight, I guess; the scales were wrong last week and I've actually only put on a kilo in the past month, and although my ob/gyn and his nurse aren't worried, I suspect I'm not eating enough; woke up hungry twice last night, which didn't help the cold either.
I rang work to start the battle for a car parking space on site - I got the dr to write me a letter saying I shouldn't be walking (the tram is 500 metres away, as is the nearest all-day park to the office), but apparently someone has already organised me one! I don't get that at all; I hadn't even asked yet. they're checking if it's actually for me, but I am assured I can have one. it's only for two months anyway, and will make a big difference to my hobbling in and out to work - I figure I only have a certain amount of time each day on my feet, and a one-kilometre walk will chew most of that up.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]