Thursday, August 14, 2003

 
a friend rang about lunch; was feeling too tired and vague and put it off.
then I mentioned that I was now permanently off my pushbike and really missed it.
she kind of laughed and said "that's not all you'll miss."
should I not be feeling a bit miffed? just a bit of sympathy, not knowing amusement, would be fine, thanks. and I'm not complaining about everything that's changing, just the couple of things that really enhance my life. plus, I'm hoping to arrange things so that the bike doesn't rust completely over the next ten years, and so I don't become cynical about what I'm "missing out" on.

sometimes friends are good touchstones for what you don't want to do, rather than "examples" of what you should...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]