Tuesday, September 09, 2003

 
I don't mean to sound churlish, but is everyone going to assume I want to hear their birth stories/tales of how much their baby ate this morning from here on in?
today it was one of the staff at the vegie stall. lovely guy and all that, but isn't it inadvisable to tell a very pregnant woman about the pointy hook they use to break the waters? and I kind of mind the assumption that suddenly I'm interested in the how-much-milk-the-5-month-old-drank tale. maybe, only maybe, after I have an actual baby, I'll care. but this morning I am trying to continue with what's left of my baby-free life and get my vegies and get to work and all that.

speaking of: have decided this is it, the last week. can't get motivated to start anything new, still being overwhelmed by renovation tasks and housework and not making progress on baby shopping and room setting up. so it's time. taking this afternoon off, working Friday morning and at lunchtime Friday, that's it. over. who knows if I'll even be back? am taking home lots of essential documents, contact lists, etc. I have one small freelance thing I'll keep doing 'cos it's dead easy and will pay me nearly $100/week once I'm in the lowest tax bracket. but as dh has enough money in the bank and a good job, the only thing keeping me here now is feminist guilt and a misplaced work ethic, and maybe a touch of clinging to the old me. let go. rest. prepare.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]