Friday, September 19, 2003

 
I wonder what it's like to sleep. I mean really sleep, from 10 pm through to 7 am. I've never been a good sleeper, but now that I can't roll over in my sleep I'm waking four times a night, at least. so the afternoon naps are not a luxury but a necessity. and a few hours after starting to sort out the study (box after box of bits of paper, every bit needing consideration), I'm ready to sleep again. all this tidying-up is all very well and will eventually get me to the nirvana of a clean and organised house, just once in my life, but I think it may also do my pelvic joints in again; and I have a nagging suspicion I should be getting out there and doing a few enjoyable things too; there's the odd exhibition I'd like to see, and so on.

did go and have lunch with dh yesterday at a place we like; never been there during the day and it was much more business-y than at night. I fit right in with my huge belly (not to mention being the wrong gender to start with). but it's a bit too early to start being intimidated by people in suits, not after years of professional cynicism about them, so I just leaned back in my chair and cast a cool pregnant eye across the lot of them, with their talk of finalising deals (one actually said "it's been a long hard labour"!), share prices and the like. none of it really matters does it? not compared to a baby. man, these hormones are strong stuff.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]