Saturday, September 20, 2003

 
last night: hospital tour (again), this time with a decent guide, ie an actual midwife. checked out the rather bare room and thought "nothing a few sarongs won't fix" and despite the presence of about 16 strangers, asked lots of specific questions about matters as personal as, say, did they have a torch with which to examine my genitals if I wanted the lights down (of course I put it more obliquely than that!)

this morning, opened the paper to a rather shocking photograph of a caesarian in progress; it showed the exposed abdomen and you could see the paleness of the fat and flesh inside the lifted flap of skin, which looked HUGE. folded it over, feeling ill, and read the accompanying article about the rise in caesar rates. the hospital I'm going to is sometimes known as "caesar's palace". got to the birth notices and while trawling for names, found one that thanked my ob/gyn for his "faith in mother nature". felt better.

then spent several hours checking out big clunky cars with big boots and side airbags to replace my sporty little car. sob. still, it was a sunny day and after dropping dh off I enjoyed every second of the drive home, topless (the car, not me). and after my swim, on the way home, a couple of pleasantly rough-looking blokes (unshaven, cigarettes, big tough black 4wd) tooted at me. mustn't have been able to see my belly. so for a few minutes more, I can still be a cute girl in a cute sports car.

schedule: next week: finish house unpacked. next weekend: shop for baby stuff. week after: pack bags for hospital (35 weeks then!).


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]