Sunday, September 28, 2003

 
more or less what I said on my bulletin board today; I really don't like shopping. I want this baby to play with, learn with, teach, talk to. I have no interest in dressing it up like a doll or spending hours of my pre-baby life sticking cartoon characters on its wall,or co-ordinating its cot colours to its bunny rugs. does that make me a bad mother?



I feel like a failure. we have been to BabyCo once and Baby Target twice this weekend and only managed to come away with a few lame bags of nappies, lots of bunny rugs and muslin wraps (because they're easy to choose), some blankets and a few basic toiletries. meanwhile we were surrounded by pg and baby-in-pram people who seemed to know exactly what they were looking for and how to get it.

is anyone else bewildered by the amount of STUFF they need, and where on earth you're supposed to get it all? Baby Target, for instance, had some good things, but only one (ripped open) pack of nappy liners.

I'm starting to regret leaving the bulk of our shopping until now. why isn't there one store you can go to to get everything - I thought Baby Target would be it, but they don't have some things I'd really expected and then there's the brand thing - dh and I are going by the Choice guide to safe products - and of course we can't buy a nappy bag until we have the pram it has to fit on and can't get sheets until the cot has been dropped off, and so on and so forth. I admit to being not much of a shopper, but this is seeming like an impossible task right now. (this and buying a car/selling both our cars/finishing the house cleanup/garden/etc).

I know I shouldn't be whingeing, I should be feeling really happy about being able to shop for the baby and being able to afford what it needs, but all I really want is to curl up on the couch with dh on a Sunday afternoon and watch videos

Comments:
Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]